Sunday, August 16, 2009

1957 Ford Custom Thunderbird

1957 Ford Custom Thunderbird, click picture to enlarge.

This car reminds me of a prototype car designed and built by some electrical engineers that was called The Golden Sahara that I saw on display at Hub Ford in Atlanta in the early to mid 1950's. The Golden Sahara could be driven and contolled by the owner's voice commands. The owner's voice was programed into he car so that it could recognize the owner's voice and distinguish it from anyone else's voice. That car was really an engineering masterpiece when it came out. The demonstrator said that Elvis Presley and Liberace both had tested and driven the Sahara for a while. If anybody else out there has ever seen the Golden Sahara write me by email or the contact me button and let me know. I will pass it on and let the rest of us know about it too.

For the next several posts I will be using pictures of customized cars. Since custom cars can have any variation of parts and specs there is not much point in researching the specific model for information so I suppose the best thing to do is just to give them to you and let your fantasy run wild about how they were customized. So just rear back for a while and enjoy theses old car pics.

No comments: