Tuesday, June 23, 2009

1923 Dodge Roadster

1923 Dodge Roadster, click picture to enlarge



1923 Dodge built by the Dodge Brothers. Black with black top and interior. 4cyl, 25hp, and 3 speed manual transmission. The Dodge was the first cars to be built with an all steel body. Dodge was far more advanced than most of the cars of this era. It has a fuel pump system and an oiling system.

I never did much with Dodge products myself except for one old Dodge pickup truck that I bought from someone that I was working with at the time. I bought that old Dodge truck for ten dollars and had to go to his house and get it. I think that it was drivable so I could drive it home. At that time I was trying to make do with an old Ford Falcon that had lost so much compression that it would not crank by itself. After I got the Dodge pickup I started using it instead of the Falcon and I drove that old pickup probably for about another year. One thing in particular about that pickup that I remember that irritated me was that the lugs on the passenger side had reverse threads on them so when I thought I was loosening the lugs I was tightening them. I never did get used to that and I had to think about it each time I changed tires on that side. The purpose of that was to use the forward motion of the car to keep all of the lugs tight.

If you want to comment on these old cars you can use the comment button at the bottom of each post. Spread the word to everyone about this old car blog.




No comments: